Physical Vapor Deposition System
Our physical vapor deposition (PVD) system is used to grow metal layers onto substrates in ultra high vacuum conditions. In particular, this system can be used to prepare nanostructured surfaces by Ar ion etching of PMMA resists and subsequent PVD of metals.
- PVD Chamber
- Electron beam evaporator (4 materials: Au, Cr, Py, Al2O3)
- 2 more evaporator cells possible
- Sputter gun (Ar ion beam etching)
- Loadlock Chamber
- Heating station (300-600K)
- Oxygen or hydrogen gas input
PVD system for sample preparation.
Design of the PVD system.